aka: The Pandemic Changes Everything
Incoming Consignments RE-OPENED!
We have a new method! In short, it’s by appointment only, one drops it off curbside in labeled packages, and there’s a built-in 3-day delay in processing. Here for all the details: https://rerides.ca/consignment/consignment-pandemic-method/
Consignment in the Pandemic (Checking on Existing)
Please have patience with us — we are are dealing with a godzillion communications and tasks in a day as we make this huge transition. If you need to check up on your items, we ask that you email us so we can take the messages in turn.
Consignment in the Pandemic (Payments)
Month-end accounting goes on as usual. If you’d like to opt-in for e-transfer payments so you get your consignment payments faster, drop us an email and request that. :-)
Consignment things we accept
* Here for info on lightweight “fashion” leather items.
Fancy Leathers (Social / Fetish)
Motorcycle and Motocross Riding Clothing
|Various Motorcycle Gear|
Motorcycle-themed clothing and accessories.
Plus odd n sods like bike covers, seat covers and the like.
About Lightweight FASHION Leather Items
Read this carefully, please, to save some time.
We can NOT ACCEPT most lightweight, thin leather fashion / daywear items.
- Nothing in a dated style eg 90s
- Nothing lambskin (unless utterly perfect and utterly of today’s fashion)
- Nothing marketed for wearing to casual social occasions.
QUITE POSSIBLY YES
- Sought-after brands & VERY high fashion
- Fetish / Punk / highly styled / fancy
- Original / Unusual / Authentically vintage items
If in doubt, please check with us before dropping things off.
Consignment we do NOT accept
- NO HELMETS, with some rare exceptions for collectable or costume helmets.
- anything ill-made or any item far past its prime. (If you’re getting rid of it because it’s no good any more, it’s probably no good to anyone.)
- anything in damaged/non-functioning condition. (A $300 jacket with a non-functioning main zipper is worth $0 in resale value.)
- any item with–how to put this politely– a stink. No stinky items. Especially smoke (cigarette or other fires), mildew & mothballs. Double especially, human sweat … and cat pee from when it was stored in the garage that one season. If in doubt, do drop it off to get it cleaned so you can get top dollar for your item (though ciggy smoke and mildew are near-impossible to remove). (Double-checking? Ask someone with a keen sense of smell to sniff it for you.)
- anything we feel we can not sell for you (eg: a slow-moving type of product that we already have many of) Note that race suits are often a “no” because of lack of space.
- quotidian leather clothing, shoes, or fashion boots. (If it’s not tough or sexy, it’s unlikely to find a home here.)
- stolen goods (in fact, I have a list of things folks have reported missing, just in case we see them come in)
- We’re not really taking Tshirts and shirts anymore. Unless they are rare or spectacularly… something special.