Leather / Motorcycle gear store assistant
Please read the ad before you respond.
Now hiring a store assistant for East Side Re-Rides, a woman-owned leather clothing / motorcycle gear retail-consignment store in Vancouver, on 16th Ave near Main St.
Casual / Part time hours = four to eight hours a day, two to five days a week, entirely negotiable schedule, within daytime hours (7 days a week). We’re flexible.
For the right applicant (depending on skill set), some hours can be worked from home (computer-related).
Starting hourly pay is $12.50
– Sales skills. (Okay, not sales so much as non-pressuring, folksy, friendly and outgoing helpfulness.)
– Writing fluent English. Spelling counts, as do them grammars.
– The willingness to admit not knowing a thing yet
– Handle cash and point of sales machine
– Basic typing, shockingly accurate data entry and basic arithmetic skills
– Reasonably computer-knowledgeable (basic operations plus a bit of MS Access, Excel, etc)
– Storekeeping, organizing, and cleaning premises. Tidying skills a plus.
– Familiar with social media / selling sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Ebay, Craigslist)
– The patience to put that jacket back on a hanger *again* and *again*. And then *again*.
– Leather knowledge a plus
– Motorcycle knowledge a plus
Physically you should be able to:
1) Heft full-body leather racing suits over your head and get them hung and unhung on the racks. (about 25 lbs max)
2) Get around the store helping shoppers all day.
If you’d like an idea of the store, our website is RERIDES.CA
Clientele consists of motorcyclists, bikers, sports bike riders, motocross riders, commuters, goths, LGBT folks, re-enactors, BDSM kinksters, and costumed role players of all genders and cultures and ages. Make sure your wide-open mind means that you can love my customers like I do.
Women, LGBT, and folks with an alternative and colourful sartorial style are particularly encouraged to apply, although I will of course consider *any* human who possess the qualities I need in a shop assistant. We’re happy to train the right applicant, so if this sounds like a perfect fit except for one area of skill, apply!
Please send a resume in nearly any format, attached to a wordy, chatty, colloquial introductory email wherein you tell me a bit about your joy in being a working stiff, and optionally, anything else you feel comfortable sharing. Please use conversational English so I can get an idea about you and your writing skills in one swell foop. Please feel free to display your lyrical writing style, your accurate spelling, and your good grammar.
Will cheerfully respond to every applicant *who shows signs of having read this ad in detail*.
DON’T REPLY THROUGH CRAIGSLIST. APPLY BY EMAIL ONLY PLEASE: info at rerides dot ca