Leather / Motorcycle gear store assistant
compensation: $11.50 / hour
employment type: part-time
Now hiring a second store assistant for East Side Re-Rides, a woman-owned leather clothing / motorcycle gear retail-consignment store in Vancouver, on Victoria Drive near 54th Ave. Please read the ad before you respond.
Part time hours = four to eight hours a day, two to four days a week, entirely negotiable schedule, within daytime hours Tues – Sun. We can discuss.
Pay = $11.50 / hour.
This is the slow(ish) season, but we’re moving location over December /early January (closing dec 17, renovating like a crazy thing, reopening in the new location on Jan 9th), so I need a lot of help even when there aren’t 73468726 customers waving leather pants at us.
Position may expand when the season moves into the Jeepers We’re So Busy Times, which are Feb – Oct every year.
– Sales skills. (Okay, not sales so much as non-pressuring, folksy, friendly and outgoing helpfulness.)
– Writing fluent English. Spelling counts, as do them grammars.
– The willingness to admit not knowing a thing yet
– Handle cash and point of sales machine
– Basic typing, data entry and math skills
– Reasonably computer-knowledgeable (basic operations plus a bit of MS Access, Excel, etc)
– Storekeeping, organizing, and cleaning premises. Tidying skills a plus.
– Familiar with social media / selling sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Ebay, Craigslist)
– The patience to put that jacket back on a hanger *again* and *again*.
– Leather knowledge a plus
– Motorcycle knowledge a plus
Physically you should be able to:
1) Heft full-body leather racing suits over your head and get them hung and unhung on the racks. (about 25 lbs max)
2) Get around the store helping shoppers all day.
Clientele consists of motorcyclists, bikers, sports bike riders, motocross riders, commuters, goths, LGBT folks, re-enactors, BDSM kinksters, and costumed role players of all genders and cultures and ages. Make sure your wide-open mind means that you can love my customers like I do.
Women, LGBT, and folks with an alternative and colourful sartorial style are particularly encouraged to apply, although I will of course consider any human who possesses the qualities I need in a shop assistant. Will train the right applicant, so if this sounds like a perfect fit except for one area of skill, apply!
Please send a resume in nearly any format, attached to a wordy, chatty, colloquial introductory email wherein you tell me a bit about your joy in being a working stiff, and optionally, anything else you feel comfortable sharing. Please use conversational English so I can get an idea about you and your writing skills in one swell foop. Please feel free to display your lyrical writing style, your accurate spelling, and your good grammar.
Will cheerfully respond to every applicant *who shows signs of having read this ad in detail*.
APPLY BY EMAIL ONLY PLEASE: info at rerides dot ca